Our Story


How it all started...

During the fall of 1916, the organization of the Free Will Baptist Church in La Grange resulted from a revival meeting held in the Methodist Protestant Church by Elder H. R. Faircloth and assiste by Elder J.F. Casey. There were 24 charter members. On March 6, 1917, the North Carolina Conference of the Methodist Protestant Church sold the La Grange Methodist Protestant Church, located at 114 North Caswell Street to the La Grange Free Will Baptist Church, at a price of $1,750.00. In December of 1945, a Sunday school classroom addition was made. La Grange First Free Will Baptist Church continued to grow. However, the church was limited by land. In 1975, 3.31 acres of land was purchased and given for the purpose of building a new church. The church was completed and dedicated on November 21, 1976. In 1982, a parsonage was built on the property facing Lynn Drive. In 2008, the church approved a master plan for future buildings. In May of 2009, the church approved that the former parsonage become the youth center for the church (The Crib). The Crib (Christ Rising in Believers) was opened on June 27, 2009. Phase 1 of the master plan was completed and dedicated on June 27, 2010. This addition included a fellowship hall, a stage area, a kitchen, rest rooms, and large gathering hall. We celebrated our centennial with special services in June of 2016.

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather for worship & celebration  together at 11:00  a.m.